Google Groups

Re: [historypin-community] Find Lat and Long Meta Data

ja...@jamesmorley.net Mar 27, 2012 6:47 AM
Posted in group: Historypin Community
Hi Mike

I guess looking at it that way I am. Sort of. Maybe. Functionally
though I'd just see it as a refinement of what is already on the bulk
upload 'Find on map' pop-up but where you can just drag the existing
pin around if one is set, of create one if there's none, and then in
either case that gets fed back to the upload form. I don't think in
this interface it needs to be as refined as the full-blown as the
"pinner map".  But that said I guess a search facility would be
essential.

The crucial point I think here is user workflow. If people have a
large dataset and some don't have locations in the csv then it might
be nice to offer them something at the point of doing the bulk upload.
But at the same time I guess those images won't go live and the user
can then just go to those and set them in the normal way, but is that
more tedious firstly finding them, and then setting them?

So my vote is for. But if you use MoSCoW ratings I'd say this is a
'Could', nothing more.

James