Google Groups

Re: [haxe] Re: Background processes in Neko

Philippe Elsass May 3, 2012 2:54 AM
Posted in group: Haxe
Wow looks good - are there mutex & stuff? Is that hxcpp compatible?

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:26 AM, Cauê Waneck <wan...@gmail.com> wrote:
By the way, Nicolas, it would be great to have neko.vm.* mapped to sys.threading for Haxe 3.0 also ! : )

2012/5/2 Cauê Waneck <wan...@gmail.com>
Hey David!
I made a small demo of what I was talking about. See if it helps!

Cheers! :)
Cauê

2012/5/2 David Peek <ninja...@gmail.com>
I don't know who to believe! ;)

I thought I had tried spawning the process in another thread, as that seems like the obvious solution. Will give that another go.

Thanks :)

On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:45:43 PM UTC+1, David Peek wrote:
Hi Nicolas,

Hopefully a simple one: is there a way to spawn a background process in Neko? Say, for example, a Haxe compilation server :)

Can't seem to find a way to detach from/not block the main process.

Thanks,
David

Philippe