Google Groups

Re: Assigning someone a task from a shared queue Suggestion...

Mike Wilday May 7, 2012 3:58 PM
Posted in group: GQueues Discussion Forum
I would be hesitant to allow anyone account wide opt-in. We have a meager 25 users in several different departments and I know that we would not want to share list access with other departments.... but as an additional option to shared lists... it would be a nice feature.

On Monday, May 7, 2012 3:45:22 PM UTC-7, Cameron (GQueues) wrote:
Yes, I agree with all the points made.  These changes are on my list of improvements to make!

-Cameron

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Andy R <an...@reportlab.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, 1 May 2012 18:11:07 UTC+1, Mike Wilday wrote:

It would be really helpful if the assignee AND the queue owner were alerted to completed tasks. That way as I manage my bosses tasks, we can both stay informed on what is being completed.

I think this is another strong use case for relaxing the concept of "queues having one owner".  If "account-wide queues" are possible, relevant people could elect to "follow" them and be notified of changes (as happens in several other systems).

- Andy R