Google Groups

Re: Searching My GQueues

Cameron (GQueues) Apr 18, 2012 11:19 AM
Posted in group: GQueues Discussion Forum
Hi Eric-

Yes, I want search in GQueues as well!

GQueues is built on the Google App Engine platform (which means the database where your tasks are stored lives on Google's servers).  App Engine is currently building out support for full-text search over data in the App Engine datastore.  It's been on their roadmap for a long time.  It's finally in "trusted tester" mode, and GQueues is one of the trusted testers - which means I can work on integrating search into GQueues while they finalize the feature on their end.  However, I can't rollout search to everyone until Google finishes it and takes it out of trusted tester mode.  So while all that work finishes, I continue to develop and improve other areas of GQueues.

I'm sure this is probably not the answer you want to hear, but I hope it at least provides a better understanding of what's going on.

-Cameron

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM, efxp1 <efxpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK that was 8 months ago and search is a key feature to have, more important than most improvements. What gives?
Eric

On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:48:10 PM UTC-4, Cameron (GQueues) wrote:
Sorry, there is no search feature yet, but it's definitely on the list of improvements coming.  -Cameron

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Roy Baum <roybo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a couple hundred tasks and sometimes its difficult to find
which a queue a particular task was sorted to. Is there a way to
search my queues for specific keywords and tasks?