Google Groups

Re: [gqrx] Re: Build errors - some progress

Phil Aug 2, 2012 10:36 PM
Posted in group: Gqrx SDR

On Monday, July 30, 2012 8:07:43 PM UTC+10, Alexandru Csete wrote:
Ok, if you chose to install to /usr/local/src then fine. It should
work without any changes to the source code or build files. I myself
have all gnuradio related stuff installed in various directories under
/opt/ and it works well (even multiple versions at the same time).

Qt -creator itself doesn't care about where gnuradio or gr-osmosdr is
installed. It uses pkg-config to find the libraries and headers. Thus
pkg-config must be told where to find these.

If you type "pkg-config --cflags --libs gnuradio-osmosdr" in a
terminal (without the quotes) what do you get?

I've made some progress, I now get the following:

[root@localhost build (master)]# pkg-config --cflags --libs gnuradio-osmosdr-I/usr/local/include/osmosdr -I/usr/local/include/gnuradio -I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/lib -lgnuradio-osmosdr -lgnuradio-core -lgruel -lfftw3f -lm

But gqrx qt creator still cannot find gnuradio-osmosdr and I still get "not a git repository" fatal error.

make: Entering directory `/home/phil/Download/qrx/gqrx-build-desktop-Qt_in_PATH_Release'

/usr/bin/qmake -spec /usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o Makefile ../csete-gqrx-a613fed/gqrx.pro

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount parent )

Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

Project ERROR: Package gnuradio-osmosdr not found

make: Leaving directory `/home/phil/Download/qrx/gqrx-build-desktop-Qt_in_PATH_Release'

make: *** [Makefile] Error 2

15:02:50: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.

Error while building project gqrx (target: Desktop)

When executing build step 'Make'