Google Groups

Re: No App Engine Connected Android Project option in Eclipse???

chandanp Jul 8, 2012 7:47 AM
Posted in group: Google Plugin for Eclipse
Hi All,

Sorry for all the confusion, but we removed the "App engine connected android project" in the latest version of GPE (v3.0.0). So if you have updated or uninstalled and reinstalled GPE the option will not be available any more. But we plan to add it again in the next version of GPE with GCM integrations. The older "App engine connected android project" used C2DM which is not deprecated and should be using GCM instead.

In the latest GPE build, you need to create an App AppEngine backend to an existing Android project. The official docs are on the way. In the meanwhile do sign up for the endpoints trusted testers program at http://endpoints-trusted-tester.appspot.com

On Sunday, July 8, 2012 3:00:14 AM UTC-7, vijay sailappan wrote:
Hi Weston/Sriram, are you able to see the menu option 'App engine connected android project'?

Thanks.

On Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:31:43 PM UTC-7, Sriram Saroop (Google) wrote:
FYI - for GPE (Google Plugin for eclipse) issues, you can discuss them in the GPE forum (google-plu...@googlegroups.com)

- Sriram

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Sriram (Google) <sar...@google.com> wrote:
Hi folks,
1) Can you check if this option exists : New->Other->Google -> App Engine connected Android project ?
2) If not, under "About Eclipse" -> "Installation Details" -> "Installed Software", check if the "Google App Engine Tools for Android" plugin has been installed.

Also, make sure that you install ADT *before* you install GPE, otherwise the "Google App Engine Tools for Android" plugin won't be installed.

Regards,
Sriram

On Sunday, 15 April 2012 06:49:17 UTC+5:30, David Scott wrote:
Did you end up solving this? I'm having the same problem

On Wednesday, 21 September 2011 21:50:47 UTC+10, Blue wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to create an "App Engine Connected Android Project" in
eclipse, but that option is missing in new project menu. (like here:
http://bradabrams.com/2011/05/google-io-session-overview-android-app-engine-a-developers-dream-combination/)
I have updated all eclipse plugins, but still nothing. (GPE v2.4, ADT
v12.0)

Please help.
Thanks,
Gregor