Google Groups

Re: Notification - A new bot....that intends to help fix Map Maker - Plus Page inconsistencies

Jayanth Mysore Jul 23, 2012 9:41 AM
Posted in group: General Map Maker

Categories: General Mapping :

Hi Jabran - This is a good suggestion and we will try to squeeze it in when we get a few cycles. I think Richard makes an additional point about shedding more clarity on what happens to data submitted via Map Maker, which seems reasonable to clarify as well. I'll have to explore and figure out a way to make that happen as well.

Thanks for your patience.

- jayanth
Jayanth P. Mysore | Product Manager | jay...@google.com |

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM, General Map Maker on behalf of Jabran Rafique <google-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Jayanth

Adding to Richard's comments here:

It may be great to have a small toggled window in GMM which only lists the latest 4-5 announcements with link to complete announcement. It would be helpful for users who are subscribed to Announcement forum or miss it for some other reasons. Thanks.

Regards,
Jabran

On Wednesday, 18 July 2012 14:39:07 UTC+1, rjhintz wrote:
Hi Jayanth,
  MapMaker Syncer is causing some concern with mappers outside North America who typically don't read the general forums and whose first language isn't English.  See, for example, the discussions in the Facebook Mapping in Pakistan group.

Is there some writeup of the workflow for the interaction of MapMaker and other Google products, especially if a change is made in MapMaker and not someplace else?  I believe many, perhaps most, business changes outside North America are typically made in MapMaker only.  Having them reverted by MapMaker Syncer is dissuading people from trusting the process.

Frankly I have no idea how properly to map a business anywhere anymore.  I do it in Mapmaker and hope for the best.
--
Rich

Thanks for using Google Map Maker! =)