Google Groups

Re: Notification - A new bot....that intends to help fix Map Maker - Plus Page inconsistencies

Andrew Sawyer Jul 16, 2012 9:30 PM
Posted in group: General Map Maker

Categories: General Mapping :

Thanks for the heads-up but how will we know which Anonymous user is the bot in question? Can we have the URL for the profile so we can keep an eye on it? Otherwise this thread is going to turn into a deluge of "I think this is the bot..." and multiple URLs of suspect bots will be posted. Currently, the lack of a name/ID# and icon make it difficult to distinguish bots from editors, until they rack up thousands of edits. Hopefully this new bot will be distinguishable in some way so we can provide our local knowledge critiques of its merging.

P.S. I apparently double-posted to the wrong announcement discussion thread. My appologies for the email notification confusion. #Fail on my part