Google Groups

Where is BETA coming from?

Perry Moutzouros Jul 11, 2012 9:00 AM
Posted in group: Google Finance
I had a quick question for the Google Finance team/experts out there.
How or where is BETA being calculated? Where is this sourced from? And is it being calculated using the S&P 500?

I've had some questions recently about BETA on equities like GOOG and AAPL for example and I can't seem to get a consistent value.
(other sites show differing values for an equity's beta value - and I am assuming this is because of the benchmark being used to calculate it)

Can someone comment on where BETA is coming from on Google Finance?

Thanks