Google Groups

Uncovering DOM Leaks

Terry McKee Feb 22, 2012 10:56 AM
Posted in group: Google Chrome Developer Tools
I am trying to follow the "Uncovering DOM Leaks" instructions
available at http://code.google.com/chrome/devtools/docs/heap-profiling-dom-leaks.html.
Here are a portion of the instructions:

By tracing paths to window objects, it can be observed, that the
detached DOM tree is referenced as the native link from the DOM
wrapper stored in the detached window property. To confirm this, do
the following:
Expand the Detached DOM tree entry
Click on any of its HTMLDivElement descendants
-->Select to window objects on the top of the Retaining paths view <--

I don't see any option to "Select to window objects on the top of the
Retaining paths view".  Is this just out-of-date?  I have been using
the latest canary version of Chrome as well as the latest developer
version.