Google Groups

Re: [Chrome DevTools] When adding a watch expression during debugging, I get an unsafe eval error

Yury Semikhatsky May 2, 2012 1:31 AM
Posted in group: Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi James,

I tried to reproduce the failure on tip-of-tree Chromium with the attached extension and it worked fine for me. Can you provide more details on the scenario where you hit this error? Do you see it only on you extension?

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 5:51 AM, <> wrote:
Hey guys, I'm debugging a chrome extension I wrote and I'm having some trouble. I set a breakpoint and it gets hit in the code, then I try to add a watch expression. When I do, instead of reporting the value of the expression, I instead get this error:

[Exception: Error: Code generation from strings disallowed for this context]

I'm not actually writing any code in the watch expression, just trying to evaluate a property of an HTMLDivElement (className). All my searching has not found a workaround for this, so I'm wondering if I can get some help in this group.

-- James