Google Groups

Re: [Chrome DevTools] Re: How do I disable Cmd-# keyboard shortcuts?

sander...@holder.nl Jan 24, 2013 4:31 AM
Posted in group: Google Chrome Developer Tools
Yes, and I know.

But I also use cmd-1 to 9 to switch between tabs. If for example in tab 3 Developer Tools is open and I switch from tab 1 -> tab 2 -> tab 3. Ik get stuck at tab-3 because from there it focuses on the developer tools (no on the tabs).
Another example:
 I use the developer tools to write some javascript in the console, if i need a reference from another website which is open on the fifth tab i can't navigate to it using cmd-5. I need to unfocus the developer tools and then I can cmd-5.

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:10:40 PM UTC+1, Sam Dutton wrote:
Do you mean you want to be able to disable Dev Tools shortcuts?

(Stating the obvious, Dev Tools shortcuts like Cmd-3 only work when the Dev Tools are open.)

Sam

On 24 January 2013 11:21, <sander...@holder.nl> wrote:
Any luck in finding a solution?

On Friday, January 18, 2013 5:59:58 PM UTC+1, wpar...@gmail.com wrote:
I constantly rely on Cmd-# keyboard shortcuts to switch between specific browser tabs in Chrome while developing. With the recent addition of these same shortcuts to switch to specific tabs within Developer Tools, my workflow is now regularly interrupted by unexpected behavior:

I hit Cmd-3 (for instance), expecting to switch to the 3rd browser tab, but instead I get the Network panel in Dev Tools.

It's akin to being periodically smacked on the back of my head while trying to work.

How do I disable this undesirable behavior?

Thanks.