Google Groups

Re: [google-apps-apis] Email Settings API 403 Errors

Claudio Cherubino Mar 25, 2012 11:21 AM
Posted in group: Google Apps Domain Information and Management APIs
Hi Gwyn,

Can you help us track down one of those requests that failed so that we can check if we are returning the wrong response code?

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Gwyn Howell <> wrote:
Am finding that the Email Settings API is throwing random 403 errors.

I am using the gdata python API on App Engine. My app spawns a new task for each user in a Google Apps domain, then each task calls the retrieve_signature method. Sometimes this call throws a 403 error. The task will then auto retry. Eventually all tasks will complete. We have noticed that this only tends to happen with larger domains (> 100 users).

An obvious explanation for this, would be we are firing too many requests in too little time and therefore exceeding some kind of hidden quota, but it doesn't make sense that the error should be a 403.

Please advise

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps Domain Information and Management APIs" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at