Google Groups

Re: [google-apps-apis] 2 legged OAuth and Provisioning API

Michael Gawrychowski Apr 26, 2012 6:11 AM
Posted in group: Google Apps Domain Information and Management APIs
Hi Claudio, thank you for your response. Is there any list online that shows which APIs require 2 legged and which 3 legged?

Thanks
M.

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:47:49 PM UTC-4, Claudio Cherubino wrote:
The Email Audit API doesn't support 2-legged OAuth, but it supports 3-legged OAuth.

Claudio

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Michael Gawrychowski <mic...@gawrychowski.com> wrote:
How about the Google Audit API. Would it be possible to get it to work with the 2 legged auth?

M,

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 11:24:18 AM UTC-4, Claudio Cherubino wrote:
Hi Michael,

The Domain OAuth consumer key is the one used for 2-legged OAuth and it doesn't allow write operations.

Claudio

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:10 AM, Michael Gawrychowski <mic...@gawrychowski.com> wrote:
Thank you for your response. I'm looking for a way to manage my clients accounts through the provisioning api. Would it be possible to create an application that full interferes (read / write) with the client's provisioning system using the oAuth consumer secret that is located under Advanced Tools-> Manage OAuth domain key in th Google cpanel? I'm simply looking for an easy way to also write, not only read.

Thank you

On Monday, April 23, 2012 12:16:10 PM UTC-4, Claudio Cherubino wrote:
Thanks Patricia, that's absolutely correct.
The Provisioning API supports read/write operations with 3-legged OAuth and readonly operations with 2-legged OAuth.

Claudio

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Patricia N Goldweic <pgol...@northwestern.edu> wrote:

To add to Claudio’s response, it’s useful to know that 2-legged OAuth has only been supported in ‘read’ mode for the provisioning api L (or at least this is the last I knew; if the situation has changed, please correct me).Thanks,

-Patricia