Google Groups

Recent massive increase in URLFetch "DownloadError: ApplicationError: 2"

Nikolaj May 2, 2012 1:47 AM
Posted in group: Google App Engine
Hi there,

We have been experiencing a massive increase in URLFetch errors in the couple of weeks. Our application used to run perfectly with no errors but recent connections have had frequent issues which impacts our customers (these are connections to a merchant API). The only error we get from URLFetch is a generic "DownloadError: ApplicationError: 2".

Are these timeouts or another production issue? Is there someone at Google that can have a look to see what is actually happening with the connections and give a better diagnosis?

I have already approached the other side of the connection who assures me they are seeing no problems on their end.

Thanks,

Nikolaj