Google Groups

Re: [google-appengine] Re: Google Apps No Longer Free

Greg D'Alesandre Dec 6, 2012 7:41 PM
Posted in group: Google App Engine
Hello Everyone,

The Apps Standard account you have today will continue to work for free.  If you create a new Apps account going through the App Engine Admin Console you'll still be able to create a Standard Apps account for free but you'll only be able to get 1 user per account rather than the 10 you get today.

Let me know if you have additional questions,

Greg D'Alesandre
Senior Product Manager, Google App Engine

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Nickolas Daskalou <ni...@daskalou.com> wrote:
-1 Google.

Nick

On 7 December 2012 13:53, Strom <xxs...@gmail.com> wrote:
This seems like another nice price increase for GAE.

On Friday, December 7, 2012 4:42:42 AM UTC+2, Greg wrote:
Just saw that Google Apps is no longer free for businesses

I have no problem paying for a Google Apps account where I actually use Google apps, but at the moment you have to have a Google Apps account to link a domain to an Appengine app. Some of our apps have two or three domains showing the same app, and because you need to have an account for each email address that Appengine sends email from, we have three or four accounts per domain. So this is potentially going to add $600 per year to our costs - all for virtual accounts that don't actually use Google Apps at all.

Can someone from Google comment please? Either Google Apps accounts need to remain free if they are associated with Appengine apps, or there needs to be another way to link domains (and authorise email addresses) for Appengine.