Google Groups

The whole instances pricing thing is too complicated for average brains like mine

Daniel Florey Sep 3, 2011 2:13 AM
Posted in group: Google App Engine
Is there no way to create a simple pricing model that will not force me to learn everything about the internals of the app engine scheduler?
I'm fine with paying for consumed resources at a reasonable price but I'm not feeling comfortable with the instances/hours approach.
It makes me feel like the scheduler impl is responsible for my bill.
I'd prefer a simple approach (from a users perspective) where I would get charged for the cpu resources/memory consumed + be able to spend a budget on "scalability/processing power" and let app engine take care of whatever it needs to speed up / slow down my app according to my settings.