Google Groups

Re: Help: Uncaught exception 'apiIOException' with message 'HTTP Error: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK

Chirag Shah Mar 4, 2012 2:53 PM
Posted in group: google-api-php-client (read-only)
Hey Johnny,

Sorry about that. The fix for this is currently available on trunk (it is being tested and stabilized) and hasn't been released yet.

You can grab the latest version by running the command:
svn checkout google-api-php-client-read-only

Another option is to wait for the google-api-php-client-0.5.0 release build.

I hope this helped!

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Johnny Ho <> wrote:

I am having the same issue as Chirag and couldn't really follow your instructions on how to solve it. Could you please explain them in more details?

Thanks in advance.

Am Dienstag, 14. Februar 2012 05:45:48 UTC+1 schrieb Chirag Shah:

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Jeffrey Gould <> wrote:
Hello, I am experiencing this same problem using a MAMP environment in OSX - I looked to see if this was a patch I could make to my api files but it looks like maybe I've got a newer version as this line isn't even in apiCurlIO.php .

and here is the specific error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'apiIOException' with message 'HTTP Error: (0) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed' in /Users/jrgweb/Sites/oauthTest/
Hey Jeffery,

This error means curl was unable to find a certificate bundle on your system for validating SSL connections.  Since this is a frequent issue for PHP deployments, the latest version of the PHP client (on trunk) contains its own bundle for validating SSL connections when making API requests.

Simply grab the latest version of the client on trunk and things should just work:

google_api/src/io/apiCurlIO.php:119 Stack trace: #0 /Users/jrgweb/Sites/oauthTest/google_api/src/auth/apiOAuth2.php(93): apiCurlIO->makeRequest(Object(apiHttpRequest)) #1 /Users/jrgweb/Sites/oauthTest/google_api/src/apiClient.php(138): apiOAuth2->authenticate(Array) #2 /Users/jrgweb/Sites/oauthTest/test.php(25): apiClient->authenticate() #3 {main} thrown in /Users/jrgweb/Sites/oauthTest/google_api/src/io/apiCurlIO.php on line 119

Thanks in advance for any help.