google-analytics-api

Re: getting paid and organic keywords from API

Nick Apr 12, 2012 2:04 PM
Posted in group: Google Analytics Reporting API
the answer is in the docs: http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/gdata/gdataCommonQueries.html#traffic-sources

On Thursday, April 12, 2012 1:59:39 PM UTC-7, Mark wrote:
HI there,

on the GA Web UI (Old Version),  I can go to Traffic Sources -> Keywords to see my keywords.   I can click on the 'non-paid', 'total' and 'paid' links to give me organic keywords, paid or both.

using the GA API, when I do metric: ga:visits and dimension: ga:keyword, I seem to get only the results of the 'total' link (both paid and organic) keywords.

So is there any way to get a list of paid keywords and a list of organic keywords from the API?  If so, what are the parameters to achieve this?  Thanks!

-Mark

P.S.

Incidentally, not sure if this info is useful or not, but the values I get from the UI for paid keywords is the same as when I click on Adwords (in the GA Web UI) - > Keywords