Google Groups

Re: [golang-nz] Rob Pike

Andrew Chilton Aug 21, 2011 4:19 PM
Posted in group: golang-nz
Hi Craig,

On 22 August 2011 11:14, Craig Anslow <craig....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob Pike is a regular to the Google Sydney office and has expressed interest
> in making it to New Zealand. I heard he travels there for a couple of months
> every year during the winter of the US. He would be an ideal person to get
> to speak at the Go User Group.

Yeah, that sounds like he's a good candidate.

> Google initially offered Rob to speak at a conference I organised last year
> in Wellington, but unfortunately he had to pull out at the last minute.
> Please let me know if I can be of assistance to help get Rob to New Zealand.
> http://ecs.victoria.ac.nz/Events/NZCSRSC2010/

I've been speaking to Andrew Gerrand who is also over in Google in
Sydney and has co-presented a number of talks with Rob over the course
of the last couple of years. I chatted to him before and since
starting the group and he has said that if we get the 'numbers', he's
also happy to come over and do a talk. Once I have a rough estimate of
people turning up (after the first meeting), I'll continue chatting to
Andrew and see if he's keen. I won't promise anything for the first
meeting but will hopefully get someone (maybe Andrew or Rob) sometime
in the near future.

Thanks for your suggestion and I'll keep chatting to you about what's
happening - getting both of them over would probably be overkill, but
one of them would be great. :)

Cheers,
Andy

--