Google Groups

Re: Exploring Venues for a category/section

robb1e Nov 12, 2011 8:43 AM
Posted in group: Foursquare API
I don't know anything about 'section', but you can use a categoryId in
the query string to filter by categories.  Some categories have parent
categories, i.e. 'Pub' has a parent of 'Nightlife'.

i.e. https://developer.foursquare.com/docs/explore.html#req=venues/search%3Fll%3D40.7,-74%26categoryId%3D4d4b7105d754a06376d81259

Hope that helps

Robbie