Google Groups

Re: {Food Safety Dubai} Marination

Dilip George Apr 15, 2012 4:13 AM
Posted in group: Dubai's Food Safety Clinic

Hi Amir,

I guess the cooking is done in vaccum packing at low temperature.(Not sure about the process in sous vide)

Can you explain the process in detail

Thanks and regards

Dilip

2012/4/15 amir <am...@bateel.com>

What about the sous vide cooked items, is it possible to keep more than 10 days at 1-4…….

Regards

Ameer

Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 14:01:07 +0400
From: dilipg...@gmail.com
To: suhai...@hotmail.com
CC: foodsafety...@googlegroups.com; foodsaf...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dr. Suheel,

So, what about keeping the product in a chiller with out vaccum packing?

As Waleed said before, marinating with lemon or viniger can reduce the PH level and can be kept for long time.

What do you say?

Dilip

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 1:24 PM, DR. SUHEEL AHMED <suhai...@hotmail.com> wrote:

1) Vaccuum Packing (without preservatives) - maximum shelf life 10 days (6-7 days as per references)
Some manufacturers have exteremely good process control with low initial loads - claim a shelf life upto 30 days.
Risk - Clostridium - rare but serious

2) Vaccuum Packing (with preservatives) often called MAP (modified atmosphere packing)- shelf life 3 - 6 months - depends on type of preservatives used.
Risk - Clostridium - rare but serious

Dr. Suheel Ahmed.

Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 11:37:23 +0400

From: dilipg...@gmail.com
To: foodsafety...@googlegroups.com
CC: foodsaf...@googlegroups.com

Dear Group,

There was a discussion on marination sometimes back and was explained that vaccum packing will extend the shelf life of a marinated product. If marination is done with preservatives, can we keep the product for more time?

I have seen chinese chefs are keeping whole duck in the room temperature after marinating and argued that it will not be a problem since they prepare it with some preservatives.

If anyone has more idea on this please explain

T&R

Dilip

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Nargis E Jhetam <nar...@hotbrandsinternational.com> wrote:

Dear Bobby,

For marinated meats/ fish that have been defrosted in refrigerator for 48/ 24 hours – what will the recommended shelf-life inclusive of marinated time and  thaw time?
Please can you advise

Nargis