Google Groups

RE: {Food Safety Dubai} Re: Allergen management model

Richard Sprenger Apr 16, 2012 5:35 AM
Posted in group: Dubai's Food Safety Clinic

There are many catering businesses and supermarkets in the UK providing clear guidance on foods that are free of specific allergens.

What are you recommending for Dubai? I presume you are not suggesting that persons suffering from allergens avoid purchasing food – or take pot luck?

There is a tremendous amount that can be done to reduce the risk to acceptable levels – starting with clear labelling and good communication.

From: [] On Behalf Of bigal
Sent: 16 April 2012 11:40
Subject: {Food Safety Dubai} Re: Allergen management model

Dear All,

Bobby is absolutely correct. We are talking microscopic quantities here.
In manufacturing, they effectively build a factory within a factory to try and eliminate any allergens.

In the hospitality industry and in supermarkets,it is impossible to guarantee that any product is free of a specific allergen.

Higher Colleges of Technology.

On Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:34:02 PM UTC+4, Bobby Krishna wrote:

Bobby krishna
Sent from my iPhone. Please ignore the spell errors

Groups "Food Safety Dubai" group.
To post to this group, send email to
To unsubscribe , email to
Visit this group at