Google Groups

Re: Log Weight API Invalid Signature

Pavel Risenberg May 7, 2012 3:01 AM
Posted in group: Fitbit API
Hi Atlus,

Yes, it seems like the problem might have been with the encoding of the POST parameter string. Though common url encoding for them should work. Thanks a lot for heads up – API documentation updated, sorry we missed that!

– Pavel

On Monday, May 7, 2012 12:48:04 PM UTC+4, Atlus wrote:
A few things...

1) The API for https://wiki.fitbit.com/display/API/API-Log-Body-Weight says to give time in HH:mm but it really wants HH:mm:ss, I think the Log-Body-Fat is probably in the same documentation boat.

2) I found out the reason time was failing for me was because I wasn't encoding the time correctly, I will need to figure out how which part of my oauth code is going wrong and fix it but this amazing tool helped me debug the invalid signature http://hueniverse.com/oauth/guide/authentication/ click the "create your own" radio button and it feels like magic but its more like I need to fully read the manual because I missed a step somewhere.