Google Groups

Re: Firebug 1.12.0

Sebastian Zartner Aug 22, 2013 12:02 AM
Posted in group: Firebug
This seems to be a Firefox bug, which I reported now as bug 908069.

There's a workaround to fix this described in issue 5746. All you have to do is to remove the entry for SVG files from your mimeTypes.rdf file inside your profile folder.

If you want to go back to 1.11.4, you can download it from addons.mozilla.org. Though you'll have to disable automatic updates inside the Addons Manager, otherwise it is automatically updated to 1.12 again. Though note that you won't get any updates for your add-ons then and also won't get to know when it's fixed. So I suggest you try the fix related to the mimeTypes.rdf I mentioned above instead.

Sebastian

On Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:24:55 AM UTC+2, Peter Marse wrote:
I am having the same exact issues. Please fix this, FireBug team! In the meantime, how and where can I download and install 1.11?

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:27:30 PM UTC-5, Albert S wrote:
Hi there,

After updating to the latest stable FB version I lost all my buttons like 'detach', 'close', etc. and also 'plus/expand', 'minus/collapse'.

On a right click and hovering over "Inspect element with Firebug" the text disappears.

We have that problem on two of three machines; all running
Windows 7 / Firefox 23.01 and the latest FB version

I disabled all my other addons one by one, but had no luck. Even after disabling all but FB I had the same issues.

Please let me know what other tests I can run for you guys - in the meantime I will downgrad to 1.11.

Cheers,
Albert