Google Groups

Re: [EL-M-Google] Re: Direct add members

David 1/2d Aug 18, 2011 6:04 AM
Posted in group: EmailList-Managers
From: Carl Cappelen
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:37 AM
To: emaillist...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [EL-M-Google] Re: Direct add members

> Free list groups so far that I have found are:
groupspaces.com
freegroups.com
blastgroups.com
topica.com

> So far none are as good as Google was two months ago, or Yahoo several
> years ago.
I am still looking and looking for others to make comments.

Carl,

The features in groupspaces are excellent but I admit I've not tried it in
earnest.

Since Google Groups reduced the Features, I'm just using it to Archive
Yahoo Groups.

One of the strengths of Google for that is that it will save the
Attachments that Yahoo discards.
However if I set Yahoo to store the Attachments, Google discards them!

I can see the technical logic, but either way I'm not getting a proper
Archive!

David 1/2d