Google Groups

Re: [Elgg development] Memcache, Image caching, and caching in general

Lostmon Apr 26, 2012 11:29 AM
Posted in group: Elgg development

Hi , i had running mencached in windows 2008 and it is very simple to use, only need memcached.exe and mod_memcached.dll configured in your httpd.conf
On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:53:28 PM UTC+2, Jeff Tilson wrote:
Thanks Steve, we're on Apache so I'll definitely check out mod_cache.

- Jeff

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:49:39 PM UTC-4, Steve Clay wrote:
Because Elgg sends sensible Cache-Control headers, Squid and other reverse proxies shouldn't need much configuration to start caching the simplecache views, icons, and images in general. Apache's mod_cache is probably the simplest to set up (if you're already on it).