Google Groups

Question about Ecobee-optimized Vacation Mode

Steve Jenkins Dec 26, 2011 10:31 AM
Posted in group: Ecobee Users
When setting Vacation Mode, I generally turn off the "Optimize my settings for me" option and manually input the Heat/Cool, Fan setting, and Fan min on time.

Two questions:

1) If I let the Ecobee optimize for me, what other settings drive its decisions? Does it rely at all on the Heat/Cool Set Temp Range in Preferences?

2) Does Smart Recovery operate the same whether I manually set the Vacation settings vs. letting Ecobee optimize?

and more more question that's totally unrelated to this issue, but which I had after inspecting the Preferences section of the web interface:

3) What scenario is Heat/Cool Random Start Delay useful for?

Thanks for any insight!

SteveJ