Google Groups

Re: [EchoWorks] Re: Cannot block comments from banned users or delete replies to comments

Igor Lebedew Mar 1, 2012 2:48 AM
Posted in group: Echo Developer Forum
Hi Keith,

On 2012-03-01 at 14:30 Keith Collantine <keithco...@googlemail.com> wrote :

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your continued help.

I wasn't sure how to add the code you suggested - here's the query I've got in there now in full:

scope:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/f1-information/f1-live/f1-fanatic-live-2012-f1-testing-day-circuit-de-catalunya-5/ -user.state:ModeratorBanned,ModeratorDeleted state:Untouched,CommunityFlagged,ModeratorFlagged,SystemFlagged children -user.state:ModeratorBanned,ModeratorDeleted state:Untouched,CommunityFlagged,ModeratorFlagged,SystemFlagged sortOrder:reverseChronological itemsPerPage:6
childrenof:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/f1-information/f1-live/f1-fanatic-live-2012-f1-testing-day-jerez-2/ sortOrder:reverseChronological -state:ModeratorDeleted children -state:ModeratorDeleted itemsPerPage:6

However it still seems that banned users are able to post replies and when those replies are deleted they are still visible to other users. Have I not added the code correctly?

See, the second query "childrenof:..." doesn't contain the "-user.state:ModeratorBanned,ModeratorDeleted" filtering parameter, but the first one contains it.
You need to correct the second query "childrenof:..." in the following way:

childrenof:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/f1-information/f1-live/f1-fanatic-live-2012-f1-testing-day-jerez-2/ sortOrder:reverseChronological -user.state:ModeratorBanned,ModeratorDeleted -state:ModeratorDeleted children -user.state:ModeratorBanned,ModeratorDeleted -state:ModeratorDeleted itemsPerPage:6

Also, I do not see any changes in your JS code at http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/js/f1fanaticlive/init_echo.js:

The "query_stream" variable should be:

var query_stream = "childrenof:" + query_url + " sortOrder:reverseChronological -user.state:ModeratorBanned,ModeratorDeleted -state:ModeratorDeleted children -user.state:ModeratorBanned,ModeratorDeleted -state:ModeratorDeleted itemsPerPage:6";

Hope this addresses your issue, please let us know.

Thank you.

Here's the current page where that code is being used (today):

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/f1-information/f1-live/f1-fanatic-live-2012-f1-testing-day-circuit-de-catalunya-5/

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

On 2012-02-08 at 18:46 Keith Collantine <> wrote :

I've just tried to delete a reply to a comment but I'm afraid it it hasn't worked.

On the page where I am logged in as a moderator the comment is now highlighted in red and marked "Deleted by Moderator". However if I view the page without logging in I can still see the comment, and others users can too because they're replying to it.

I added the code by going to 'curate' and replacing the existing query under 'saved queries'. I've just checked the code there, this is what it says:

scope:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/f1-information/f1-live/f1-fanatic-live-2012-f1-testing-day-jerez-2/ -user.state:ModeratorBanned state:Untouched,CommunityFlagged,ModeratorFlagged,SystemFlagged children -user.state:ModeratorBanned state:Untouched,CommunityFlagged,ModeratorFlagged,SystemFlagged sortOrder:reverseChronological itemsPerPage:6

I've checked the http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/f1-information/f1-live/f1-fanatic-live-2012-f1-testing-day-jerez-2/ page and found out that it contains the following query:
childrenof:http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/f1-information/f1-live/f1-fanatic-live-2012-f1-testing-day-jerez-2/ sortOrder:reverseChronological -state:ModeratorDeleted itemsPerPage:6

So, the query still doesn't have conditions to filter children items (replies).
Here is the correct version:

--
Sincerely yours,
Igor Lebedew,