Google Groups

Re: theme for django-shop

Martin Mar 15, 2012 5:44 PM
Posted in group: django-shop
It is almost impossible to create a theme for django-shop. Every shop I have created so far is vastly different from each other. One shop has multi language support, another has not. One shop has taxes, another has not. One shop has categories, another has not. One shop has variations, another has not.

Each shop has a different address model. Each shop has different URLs and a different way to step through the ordering process. Think about the product model and address model. Every shop has a different one, designing the product page is a thing that you definitely HAVE to do yourself, there is no way around it.

Right now I am creating a shop with i18n and muti currency support, with paypal and moneybookers integration. If that thing should ever be done, I will release it as a demo shop which SHOULD have all the bells and whistles (and a theme) that should be good to go for almost everyone but really... the whole point of django-cms and django-shop is, that we don't want to look all alike... like in Wordpress ;)

Best regards,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Christopher Glass <> wrote:
Surely you meant to send this to the django-cms list instead? :)

The shop is not meant as an out-of-the box solution like the CMS, but
as a framework. I have been tying to encourage people to write an
out-of-the-box shop solution based on django-shop, but so far nobody
picked up the ball (mind you, I could/should have picked it up myself
- I'm not complaining).

- Chris