Google Groups

Feature Request: Multi Host capabilities

Aziz Bookwala Jan 31, 2011 11:32 PM
Posted in group: django CMS developers
Hello,
I have been using django-cms for quite a few projects now and because it is so awesome, i use it sometimes even for projects that are just 4-5 webpages.
Thus i now need to have multiple django-cms instances running for each of my websites.
I propose, that using an application like: https://github.com/jaddison/django-multihost
And letting the user select which site the page is associated with instead of automatically inserting it in the admin, you could run multiple websites using the same djang-cms setup.

I remember reading an earlier discussion on a similar request where the argument was user friendly-ness. Since now, so much of the admin look is controlled by settings (CMS_SEO_FIELDS, etc), this could also be added as a setting (CMS_MULTIHOST).
Setting that to true, would show the site field for adding pages, false, would default to current behaviour.