Google Groups

Who is doing DIYbio worldwide? Need to know for TED talk.

EJ May 16, 2012 10:06 AM
Posted in group: DIYbio
I'm giving a TED talk at TED Global in Edinburgh, Scotland at the end of June. It was specifically requested by the organizers that I speak not about Genspace alone but that I emphasize the accomplishments of the worldwide DIYbio community. I've contacted the groups that I know about and that are listed on the main DIYbio site page that has links to them. But I'd like to know if any other groups are out there that I have not contacted.

My purpose is to showcase awesomeness from or community in a manner understandable by laypersons. I will be presenting an image from each DIYbio group of what they think is their most "mediagenic" accomplishment or activity. I only have 12 minutes for the whole talk, so I have to distill it down to one picture/short movie for each group. I can't use material off of DIY groups' websites without their permission.

Anyone out there who wants to contact me about this can email me at ejorg...@genspace.org. If they decide to post the talk (and it's my understanding that all mainstage talks get posted eventually) then it behooves us to put our best foot forward.