Google Groups

django / raven with async logging or timeout?

Selene Scriven Dec 19, 2011 11:08 AM
Posted in group: disqus-opensource
Hello, I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to get Raven not to block when its Sentry server is offline.  A timeout would probably work, but it doesn't seem to be implemented.  Or async logging would be better, but the django celery code seems to be brand new and I'm a little wary of pulling in a couple dozen new dependencies for a single feature.

Any hints on how to get a response to the django app user even when Sentry isn't responding?

How is this implemented at Disqus?  Are you using bleeding-edge Raven with Celery, or is there some other, more mature technique?

-- Selene