Google Groups

Re: django / raven with async logging or timeout?

David Cramer Dec 19, 2011 11:13 AM
Posted in group: disqus-opensource
We are using Celery so it just pipes off jobs (and we have some middle layer in place of RabbitMQ that makes it more or less async).

I do plan to add a UDP server, but otherwise this is my recommendation.

One thing I should note, I haven't thoroughly (outside of mock) tested the Raven celery client. I might have fixed a couple of issues in master with it, so if you choose to use it I'd recommend installing master.

Will probably create a release sometime this week.
David Cramer

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Selene Scriven <> wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to get Raven not to block when its Sentry server is offline.  A timeout would probably work, but it doesn't seem to be implemented.  Or async logging would be better, but the django celery code seems to be brand new and I'm a little wary of pulling in a couple dozen new dependencies for a single feature.

Any hints on how to get a response to the django app user even when Sentry isn't responding?

How is this implemented at Disqus?  Are you using bleeding-edge Raven with Celery, or is there some other, more mature technique?

-- Selene