Google Groups

Re: [disqus-dev] Re: ScoreCard and Quantcast beacons

Anton Kovalyov Jun 26, 2012 2:07 PM
Posted in group: Disqus Developers
Hey Karl,

To clarify Gab's response: we plan to add support for Do Not Track technology (http://donottrack.us/). This means that although you won't be able to opt out on a per-blog basis, your visitors will be able to opt out by enabling Do Not Track option in their browsers.

Thanks,
Anton

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Gabriel Fouasnon wrote:

Hi Karl,

We have always (or for quite some time) loaded beacons from comScore and Quantcast. There was a brief period (until only a day or two ago) in which these were not being loaded in the new Disqus 2012 commenting embed, but it was never our intent to not load them.

It is vital for our business to have our commenting embed loads recorded by comScore and Quantcast, so it seems doubtful that we would make this opt out. At any rate, I know that it is not on our to do list.

Could you let me know why you want to opt out or why you are concerned about this?

Thanks,
Gabriel

On Monday, June 25, 2012 10:01:03 PM UTC-7, Karl Seguin wrote:
Today I noticed that disqus loads beacons from scorecard and quantcast. I'm curious whether I can opt out of this on my blog as well as how the data is used?

Cheers,
Karl

http://groups.google.com/group/disqus-dev?hl=en