Google Groups

Re: Has the event method onNewComment changed in Disqus 2012?

Mark Reid Jun 14, 2012 3:58 PM
Posted in group: Disqus Developers
Hi,

There is a note in the FAQ about Disqus 2012 which says that the onNewComment` callback is not yet available for Disqus 2012:

They recommend not upgrading to Disqus 2012 if you make use of this callback.

Regards,

Mark

On Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:43:41 AM UTC+10, DarkUFO wrote:
We have this code that we use on on out site to reward Badgeville points.

Since moving to Disqus 2012 today this code is no longer working.

Could someone have a look and see what I need to change to fix this.

function disqus_config() {
this.callbacks.onReady = [ function() {
if ( DISQUS.container.innerHTML.indexOf("dsg-comment-message") != -1 ) {
hascomments = 1;
}
} ];
this.callbacks.onNewComment = [function() {
if ( hascomments ) {
hascomments = 1;
Badgeville.credit( ['leave a comment',{verb:"awardshowpoint",
showname: showlabel, showpoint:1}] );
} else {
hascomments = 1;
Badgeville.credit( ['leave a comment',{verb:"awardshowpoint",
showname: showlabel, showpoint:1}] );
}
}];
}