Google Groups

Re: [discuss-webrtc] Automatically allow Camera Access Request in webrtc enabled Chrome

Justin Uberti Aug 6, 2012 11:18 AM
Posted in group: discuss-webrtc
For security reasons "Always allow" is only enabled for HTTPS domains.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM, rizwan <djri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks serge, but is there no way to have the same option over http only server?

On Monday, August 6, 2012 7:28:51 PM UTC+2, Serge Lachapelle wrote:
In chrome dev and canary, you can use the always allow options in the drop down menu. It appears for web pages served over https.

/S

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM, rizwan <djri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I have a rather basic question regarding the use of webrtc.
When the local camera access is invoked using getUserMedia, there is a small bar in chrome that pops up asking to either Allow or Deny Access.
Is there anyway to getaway with this and let the chrome always allow access to camera?

This is because in automating my test application i am using unit tests that run at scheduled intervals and testing is hanged to the point where camera access is required?
Is there any flag in chrome canary build or dev bulid may be that can help overcome this problem?

Thank you,
Rizwan.

--
Google Sweden AB | Kungsbron 2, SE-111 22 Stockholm | Org. nr. 556656-6880

Apparently, this footer is required in Europe. Apologies. This email may be confidential or privileged.  If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else,please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it went to the wrong person.  Thanks.