Google Groups

Reminder! FREE! Managing Research Data, Hack Days, Thu 3 - Fri 4, May, 2012, Manchester, UK

Mahendra Mahey Apr 20, 2012 5:48 AM
Posted in group: Developer Contact
(Please feel free to re-post this email!)

If you are interested in managing research data:

- Don't you want to spend quality time creatively working and thinking
about issues in this area?
- Discussing ideas with other experts and developers
- Hacking together data and / or systems
- Explore current ways of doing things and how they could be improved.

MRD Hack days are an ideal opportunity for you to get away, in a great
environment with free food and accommodation to do this. We are hoping
that people will come together to form small teams/groups, to discuss
issues, work on paper/real prototypes, datasets, APIs.

For more information and a booking form, please visit:

We already have a number of ideas for hacks posted on the ideas page
for the website:

Current ideas include:
- How to quickly mint URIs for public data that will be permanently
- Assigning Unique IDs
- Dealing with real-time instrument data
- Translating OAIS into user stories in dealing and managing data
- Using generic level DC metadata to describe data sets
- rifCS and datasets
- Using CERIF to manage datasets
- Identifiers: ORCID API, Datacite/DOIs (BL DataCite API)
- DMPOnline APIs.
- Object stores
- OAuth

The event will culminate in a series of presentations from the teams
in terms of the work they have carried out. We may even provide a
prize to the best ideas to develop them further.

All participants will be able to share their own examples, expertise
and opinions via the lightning sessions, discussions and informal
networking opportunities.

The event (including accommodation and food) is free to all

The event is organised by DevCSI and supported by JISC . Further
questions to Mahendra Mahey ( or Simon Hodson

  Mr Mahendra Mahey

  Project Manager DevCSI and CERIFy Projects
  Research Officer
  University of Bath,
  BA2 7AY

  Tel: ++44 (0) 1225 384594