- Don't you want to spend quality time creatively working and thinking
about issues in this area?
- Discussing ideas with other experts and developers
- Hacking together data and / or systems
- Explore current ways of doing things and how they could be improved.
MRD Hack days are an ideal opportunity for you to get away, in a great
environment with free food and accommodation to do this. We are hoping
that people will come together to form small teams/groups, to discuss
issues, work on paper/real prototypes, datasets, APIs.
For more information and a booking form, please visit:
Current ideas include:
- How to quickly mint URIs for public data that will be permanently
- Assigning Unique IDs
- Dealing with real-time instrument data
- Translating OAIS into user stories in dealing and managing data
- Using generic level DC metadata to describe data sets
- rifCS and datasets
- Using CERIF to manage datasets
- SWORD 2
- Identifiers: ORCID API, Datacite/DOIs (BL DataCite API)
- DMPOnline APIs.
- Object stores
The event will culminate in a series of presentations from the teams
in terms of the work they have carried out. We may even provide a
prize to the best ideas to develop them further.
All participants will be able to share their own examples, expertise
and opinions via the lightning sessions, discussions and informal
The event (including accommodation and food) is free to all