Google Groups

Re: [derby-makers] Derby Makers Logo Concepts - feedback thread

Ben Gray - phenoptix Oct 4, 2012 2:01 AM
Posted in group: Derby Makers

Some great designs there! I like the M in the D one best personally. Great work Sally!

James - the "standard H" logo is a bit done to death don't you think? Would be nice to have something different.

On 4 October 2012 09:15, Amanda McLaren <part...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sally

Just to say I agree about the reference to the Silk Mill, if we moved location I think it would be a big deal and worth a re-brand. Will feedback on designs when I'm back from hols - but great work, thank you.

Amanda

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Sally Jane Thompson <sallyjan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all!
We've got the open day coming up at the end of this month, and are hoping to have our logo done for that!
So! This thread contains all ideas put forward to date. Please everyone take the time to have a look and leave some comments, as I'll be using the feedback posted here to whittle things down to two or three drafts to send to the AGM for more feedback before we finalise our design.
I'll be doing said whittling this weekend - sorry it's not a lot of time for you all to respond, but hopefully worth the rush to get it done for the open day! :)

Feedback-wise: Doesn't need to necessarily be "I think X one should be used"...feedback like "I like X design but Y colour" or "what would X concept look like with the font from Y" or "Would be great to try something with Y in it" or "I like X but could it perhaps be made more Y", etc etc would be super useful! :)

One thing to note - almost all designs have had the Silk Mill tower in it (I did up a couple w/out for some variance, but prefer the tower designs)...on the one hand, this shows that we're all thinking roughly the same thing, and likely to end up with a design we all like from this. On the other hand, there is the concern of what to do if we ever left the Silk Mill. Personally I think if we ever did, that would be enough to warrant a new logo/rebrand anyway...and a couple of the design have formats where a new, matching logo with different elements could be done to keep it recognizable. But use this thread to weigh in with any thoughts you have on that too!

Thanks! :D

Amanda McLaren

T: 0777 28 48 892