Google Groups

Re: [derby-makers] Hello to the group

Jamie Hall Sep 23, 2012 10:27 AM
Posted in group: Derby Makers
Is the 25th? Hannah said that you were taking a break, something to do with the museum going into trust? But let me know if you are doing the 25th, I should be able to pop down for a bit. What time do you meet?

PS. My niche within a niche within a niche is Anglo-saxon wire manufacturing before the advent of the drawplate; I'd be happy to do some demos of the different processes they used in the Staffordshire Hoard

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:02:31 PM UTC+1, David Evans wrote:
On 23 Sep 2012, at 13:03, Jamie Hall wrote:

> I'm thinking of coming down to your next meeting (I think that's the 16th of October?) I'm a local jeweller, I work with my family at Michael Hall jewellers. I also research historical metalworking, particularly medieval goldsmithing.

That sounds great, welcome (he says rather pretentiously)! But, errr, aren't we meeting on Tuesday the 25th?

All the stuff you suggest sounds like it will get a lot of people here very excited. :)