Google Groups

Re: Open Evening

Jonathan Oct 2, 2012 11:10 AM
Posted in group: Derby Makers
Hi Dominic

Yes we will be needing flashy badges but I'd like them to be Derby Makers flashy badges rather than Nottinghack flashy badges - start getting our identity out there too.

I really liked the details on the Nottinghack badge - how did you go about designing these?  I'm trying to get something together for ours so knowing what tools to use will be a great help.  Also - where did you get your PCBs made up?  If you have a contact that would be a great help.

Cheers,

Jonathan.

On Monday, October 1, 2012 8:51:08 PM UTC+1, Jonathan wrote:
It's not official yet, but with the Derby Museums gaining trust status there is a plan afoot to hold an open evening at the Silk Mill on the 30th October so people can come in and see what is going on - this of course includes what Derby Makers is doing.  It also happens to be a Tuesday (actually this isn't an accident) so should be available in most DM diaries.

The idea from our point of view is to try and make it interactive, so I and some of the Silk Mill folks were thinking of a flashy badge workshop and the chance to print something (small) on the brand new 3D printer (or at least see it in action).

This is in half term week so it's possible we will have a pretty good turn out, so I'm looking for other ideas of small / simple projects people can put together when there.  The more that people can walk away with something in their hands that they have made the bigger the impact will be.

Please post up with any other ideas.  We will also need a few people to help guide visitors through the making and to put kits together in advance - any volunteers?

Cheers,

Jonathan