Google Groups

Re: [DDD/CQRS] Re: Tech Question - ZeroMQ and event replication

Rinat Abdullin Dec 18, 2011 8:13 PM
Posted in group: DDD/CQRS
Caleb, thank you for the suggestion! Will try this later.

Best,
Rinat

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:19 AM, Caleb Vear <caleb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Rinat,

I think you may be able to have low level read/write access to a partition using the Win32 file functions http://support.microsoft.com/kb/100027.  Once you get the handle to the disk you can probably use this FileStream constructor to create a stream for accessing the disk.  I've done something similar before for comms with USB HID devices, but never actually tried it for a hard disk.

Caleb

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Rinat Abdullin <rinat.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
FYI: after a little bit of playing with ZMQ I got something like 20000 messages per second across TCP in durable mode. Used my old desktop with rust drive for that.

Out of sheer curiosity. Does anybody know a simple way to write directly to disk from .NET (avoiding the file system)?

Best,
Rinat