Google Groups

Re: Two Inspiring Founders of Coworking/Collaborative Workspaces profiled in mystartstory.com

Beth Buczynski Apr 4, 2012 9:49 AM
Posted in group: Coworking
I'm confused...Benjamin goes to such great lengths to say that Grind
isn't a coworking space because it's not "an incubator or an
accelerator" and that the "chairs, the tables, the real-estate,
renting a seat or a desk are secondary to constructing a strong
community." That sounds EXACTLY like true coworking to me! While
coworking spaces can act like incubators, the spaces that exist purely
to facilitate this aren't necessarily committed to the community
aspects that set coworking apart from every other type of work space.
On a related but unrelated note, Grind's pop-up coworking space during
SxSW was really great. Anyone else check it out?

Beth
@gonecoworking