Google Groups

ParsedBoxWrapper's in packages

Yaroslav Bulatov Jan 9, 2011 11:39 PM
Posted in group: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica
I'm trying to turn my notebooks into stand-alone packages and I'm
running into problems with Notation package. In particular, I'm using
Notation package and InfixNotation, and when I save notebook as a
package, I get "ParsedBoxWrapper"'s and definitions using infix
notation fail to match, for example.

InfixNotation[ParsedBoxWrapper["\[Element]"], MyElement]
sum[a_ \[Element] list_, expr_] := ...
sum[a_\[Element] {1,2,3},a]

This fails to match when in .m file, but works fine in .nb file. My
question is -- how should I package "sum" so that it matches correctly
both in packages and in notebooks?