Google Groups

Re: Announcement of NaTcl: Tcl over google's native client.

davygrvy Apr 13, 2011 6:38 PM
Posted in group: comp.lang.tcl
On 04/12/2011 11:45 PM, Alexandre Ferrieux wrote:
> On Apr 13, 3:11 am, David Gravereaux <> wrote:
>> On 04/12/2011 04:37 PM, Colin McCormack wrote:
>>> Alex Ferrieux has successfully created Tcl over NaCl (google's native client.)
>>> This enables Tcl to access and manipulate the DOM of a Chrome browser, and as an example of this, we have demonstrates Tcl program driving an HTML5 Canvas.
>>> This development gives people the real choice of Tcl as a Web Application Language.
>>> For more details, including setup to observe demo, see
>>> Colin.
>> Wonderful!  It almost works for me..  I have the native client enabled,
>> and the shell page changes to SUCCESS from LOADING, but the script
>> times-out after pressing the eval button.  Does it matter that I'm on
>> x86-64 (Ubuntu 10.04)?
> The "balls.html" doesn't have an
> 'eval' button; maybe you have a stale version ? Forgot to flush the
> browser's cache ?
> The "index.html" does. And again,
> older versions had a timeout-driven bgerror popup (as a demo of
> bgerror handling). But if you have a more serious error, please give
> details:
>     - what exactly does Chrome do when "the script times out" ? Pop-up
> alert ? HTTP error page ?
>     - can you look at chrome's stderr ?
> -Alex

After 30 seconds or so a dialog will popup and declare the page as
unresponsive and gives me the option to kill or wait.

Here is what is printed to the shell:

davygrvy@bigmoma:~$ /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome
[] dlopen failed when
trying to open cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
[] dlopen failed when
trying to open cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
Moonlight: Attempting to load libmoonloaderxpi
Attempting to load the system libmoon
NaTcl(34): DBUG: NaTcl starting
[34,0:01:28:15.268000] Fatal error in file
src/shared/ppapi_proxy/, line 59: !(ppb_interface)
LOG_FATAL abort exit

I fixed the issues with and by doing:

$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/nss/ /usr/lib/
$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/nss/ /usr/lib/