* Translates Lisp source files into Prolog source files. ( compilation is done to Translated source)
* At the REPL, forms are converted from Lisp to Prolog then call/1d
Being written as an SWI-Prolog "pack"
* Continue to ensure can run in YAP (which Lisp to Prolog benchmarking shows about 4x speedup)
* One small code so far seems to run much faster than ECL, ABCL, CLISP but about ¼ the speed of SBCL
* Picks up freebies .. whatever the host prolog system offers such as
**Makes Executables and. So files
**Embedding (from C/C++/Python/C#/Mono/Java)
* Gives back OO to Prolog programmers .. to keep later copy_term's cheap, it passes entire object references as atoms (nb_current/2 allows access to the object's property map)
*Expect to pass most all CL-ANSI tests
*Using SWICLI as FFI (SWICLI itself still needs work)
I've only spent a week on it ... I hope to recruit people that seem to know both Lisp and Prolog languages.
The main purpose is this impl is it to run prolog-in-lisp 1000x faster than the fastest lisps (like SBCL)
Be at least in the top 3 impls for speed … Also the type of lisp programs I like to run (SWALE, DAYDREAMER) are buggy partial impl of Greenspun's rule as applied to Prolog (Instead of Lisp)