Google Groups

Unofficial AVR-Ada RPMs for Fedora 17 and 18 available

Tero Koskinen Mar 8, 2013 12:20 PM
Posted in group: comp.lang.ada

To make AVR-Ada installation easier, I made AVR-Ada RPM packages
for Fedora 17 and 18. They are available for i386 and x86_64

To install them, run following commands:
sudo wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-adalanguage.repo
sudo yum install --nogpgcheck avr-ada-lib

Package "avr-ada-lib" will get all dependencies to be installed
automatically also.

If you have "avr-gcc" package installed, please remove it first,
since my "avr-gnat" package conflicts with it (and provides
equal functionality).

The packages are based on AVR-Ada repository revision 8586204ed,
which is AVR-Ada 1.2 + some patches. The source tar ball of that
revision can be found inside source rpms[1].

And if you do not trust my binaries and want to build the rpm
packages by yourself, you can get the .spec files from
my Mercurial repositories:

To test the packages, you can use example code from
my arduino-hello-uart repo:
 hg clone
 cd arduino-hello-uart

At some point, I might try to get the packages included to Fedora
distribution, but for now they are offered separately from
my servers.

Tero Koskinen -