Google Groups

Re: Reviving The Cloud Computing Interoperability Forum (CCIF)

Ysun Mar 13, 2012 2:56 AM
Posted in group: Cloud Computing Interoperability Forum (CCIF)
I'm a PhD student studying in Queen's University Belfast, UK.
I'm working on a resource discovery framework in a multi-cloud environment and part of the research involves creating an ontology.

On Monday, March 12, 2012 3:35:41 PM UTC, ruv wrote:
The previous goal and mission are as follows. Maybe we should update it.

The Cloud Computing Interoperability Forum (CCIF) was formed in order to enable a global cloud computing ecosystem whereby organizations are able to seamlessly work together for the purposes for wider industry adoption of cloud computing technology and related services. A key focus will be placed on the creation of a common agreed upon framework / ontology that enables the ability of two or more cloud platforms to exchange information in an unified manor.

Mission

CCIF is an open, vendor neutral, not for profit community of technology advocates, and consumers dedicated to driving the rapid adoption of global cloud computing services. CCIF shall accomplish this by working through the use open forums (physical and virtual) focused on building community consensus, exploring emerging trends, and advocating best practices / reference architectures for the purposes of standardized cloud computing.

On Monday, March 12, 2012 11:30:16 AM UTC-4, pablochacin wrote:
Ruv

Those are great news. May I would suggest that we re-engage in the
discussion
starting from a review of the current (or last) state of the CCIF from you?

Pablo