Google Groups

Re: [ Cloud Computing ] .NET is it being undermined in Cloud?

Adwait Mar 8, 2012 8:57 AM
Posted in group: Cloud Computing
Juan,

Do you have any concrete examples where the language behaves differently? I understand that some features may be missing, etc due to Microsoft's rapid advancement in the language but discrepancies, I would like to hear.

- Adwait
--
Adwait Ullal

w: http://www.adwait.com
p: (408) 898-2581

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Juan J. <ju...@memset.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 20:47 -0800, David Luu wrote:
> Anyone have thoughts on. NET in cloud via Mono & Linux rather than
> Windows?

My limited experience is that it's compatible, but you must develop with
Mono otherwise there's a "porting" cost that can be quite high.

It's not just the libraries, it's the language core (ie. a for loop may
behave differently).

Regards,

Juan

--
Juan J. Martinez
Development, MEMSET

mail: ju...@memset.com
 web: http://www.memset.com/

Memset Ltd., registration number 4504980. 25 Frederick Sanger Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YD, UK.

--
~~~~~
Register to attend Cloud Slam 2012 Cloud Conference

Download hundreds of recorded cloud sessions at
- http://cloudslam.org/register
- http://up-con.com/register
- http://cloudslam09.com/content/registration-5.html
- http://cloudslam10.com/content/registration

or get it on DVD at
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002H07SEC, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L1755W, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002H0IW1U

~~~~~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cloud Computing" group.