Google Groups

Re: [ Cloud Computing ] .NET is it being undermined in Cloud?

Adwait Mar 8, 2012 8:57 AM
Posted in group: Cloud Computing
Do you have any concrete examples where the language behaves differently? I understand that some features may be missing, etc due to Microsoft's rapid advancement in the language but discrepancies, I would like to hear.

- Adwait
Adwait Ullal

p: (408) 898-2581

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Juan J. <> wrote:
On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 20:47 -0800, David Luu wrote:
> Anyone have thoughts on. NET in cloud via Mono & Linux rather than
> Windows?

My limited experience is that it's compatible, but you must develop with
Mono otherwise there's a "porting" cost that can be quite high.

It's not just the libraries, it's the language core (ie. a for loop may
behave differently).

Juan J. Martinez
Development, MEMSET

Memset Ltd., registration number 4504980. 25 Frederick Sanger Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YD, UK.

Register to attend Cloud Slam 2012 Cloud Conference

Posting guidelines:
Follow us on Twitter @cloudcomp_group @cloudslam @up_con
Post Job/Resume at

Download hundreds of recorded cloud sessions at

or get it on DVD at,,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cloud Computing" group.
To post to this group, send email to