Google Groups

Helping out with clojure.data.xml

pepijn (aka fliebel) Nov 23, 2011 8:12 AM
Posted in group: Clojure Dev
Hi,

What is the status of data.xml, and how can I help?

Much of the effort so far seems to have been put into parsing XML, I
spend the last couple of days and a couple of days a while back
implementing the generation of XML, especially with support for
namespaces[1].

This work currently lives under https://github.com/pepijndevos/ArmageDOM
but I'd be happy to contribute it to core.xml instead, or work with
what's there, depending on the state of the current code[2].

One philosophical difference I should point out is that core.xml seems
to use [tag attr content] for syntax, while I use ^{attr} [tag
content], since attributes are in fact exactly that, meta data.

Pepijn

[1]: https://github.com/clojure/data.xml/issues/2
[2]: at frist glance, mine doesn't have 20-line functions.